We all like a reward, don’t we? But, not all rewards are what they appear. That’s the case in the latest installment of Rachel Rossano’s Theodoric Saga. Rachel created an intriguing Historical-like Christian Fantasy as she tells the tale of Jayne and Liam. Find out more and be sure to check out the giveaway (at the end of the post)!
I’m so pleased to have my guest, Rachel Rossano, today. She’s a spectacular lady, and I’ve already jumped into The Reward of Anavrea. I’m enjoying the world she’s created.
What Inspires me to Write
- A good book that I enjoyed immensely always gets me in the mood to try and create something of my own.
- A badly written book makes me want to prove that I can do better.
- A good movie gets me thinking about characters, situations, or other inspiring ideas for stories.
- Interacting with people in the general public always gets me thinking about individual’s lives and experiences.
- Talking to older people always gets me wondering about something that happened in the past. That leads to research, which leads to more ideas and then stories or characters.
- People watching and observing interpersonal interactions also inspire ideas.
- Talking about my books and characters with fellow writers or readers always gets me thinking.
- Going away into a quiet place where my kids aren’t clamoring for my attention or making noise also usually transitions into words written.
- Listening to other authors talk about their books gives me ideas.
- Listening to anyone talk about pretty much anything can spark an idea.
About the Book
She couldn’t hide forever.
A hard life taught Jayne to avoid men, powerful men most of all. When a new nobleman arrives to take over the vargar, she takes her family and hides. But the new baron seeks her out and makes her an offer she can’t refuse: protection. However, once they were sheltered behind the dark stone walls of the vargar, who would protect her from the new master?
His reward isn’t what it seems.
King Ireic of Anavrea charges Liam, a former bodyguard, with the task of retaking and taming a corner of the northern wilds. Upon arrival at Ashwyn Vargar, Liam finds challenges beyond his military experience. The keys to the vargar are missing and so are the field hands who should be harvesting the fields. Once he finds the keeper of the keys, she raises more questions than answers.
About the Author
Rachel Rossano is a happily married mother of three children. She spends her days teaching, mothering, and keeping the chaos at bay. After the little ones are in bed, she immerses herself in the fantasy worlds of her books. Tales of romance, adventure, and virtue set in a medieval fantasy world are her preference, but she also writes speculative fantasy and a bit of science fiction.
Rachel is giving away one of her favorite CDs to listen to while she writes. If you’ve ever wondered what kind of music she likes to listen to, you can check out the CD on Amazon and then come back here and enter the giveaway. https://www.amazon.com/Piano-Guys/dp/B009EAO38C/
Bookish Orchestrations-Giveaway Winner